Thursday, May 6, 2010

Here we go Again



Tomorrow I head down to Hassler’s to ride in the Region 1 Adult Dressage Symposium. The clinician is Charlotte Baker. 

When I first heard that Secret and I had been accepted, it was a couple weeks after the Klimke clinic, and my first reaction was “Oh no… not again.”  But this clinic will go better. 

For starters, this week ran smoothly.  It was packed to the gills, which is pretty normal for this time of year, but no major disasters occurred (yet), which is good.  I haven’t slept on the barn floor once this week.

Plus this time I’m going with friends.  Cara was also selected, so she, Linda and I got a room at the guest house.  I know several other riders as well. 

But most importantly, I know I am a skilled trainer. My happy, progressing horses say so.  And no two-legged authority figure is going to override their opinions.  If it all falls apart and I ride poorly in front of an audience again, the sun will rise the next day, and I put my breeches on, and go to the barn and ride.  I ride because I love to ride, and no one’s opinion will take that away from me. 

I won’t make that mistake again.

And if I do, may every one of you point me back to this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment